1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2012 9:57 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Message 'No permission to copy document here' when trying to transfer a book to my ereader.

bailey12345678

When trying to transfer a book from my Digital Edition library to my Kobo touch the message 'No permission to copy document here' appears, although the green cross is showing. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks

• 1. Re: Message 'No permission to copy document here' when trying to transfer a book to my ereader.
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The permissions to copy an ebook are embedded in the digital rights

assigned to that ebook by the publisher, distributor or author.  You can

view them, but you can't change them.  If you'd like to view them, go to

Library view, and put your cursor on the small arrow next to the ebook's

name.  A drop-down menu will appear.  Pick "Item Info" from the menu, and

you'll see the digital rights displayed in the middle of the list.  You can

contact the place where you got the ebook and ask them if they will change

the digital rights, but most of them don't do that.  Libraries are the

exception: most loaned ebooks should be transferrable to the ereader, and

if it isn't, I know many libraries will change that and let you download

the loaned ebook again.

==============