2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2012 2:24 PM by david61g

Curves adjustment flyout shows two active controls

david61g

I have read several of the discussions about the curves adjustment flyout showing greyed out controls after use.  This also happens on my levels adjustment flyout.  On my CS6 curves adjustment flyout, the drag control and the edit points control are both showing up as active and at least it appears that the drag control is working properly.  Is this problem also one that Adobe is working on?

• 1. Re: Curves adjustment flyout shows two active controls
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

The problem you describe with the levels adjustment layer (and other adjustment layers as well) is, far as i can tell, related to using the crop tool in the default mode.

I've been using the crop tool in the classic mode to avoid that problem.

Are you talking about Targeted Adjustment Tool being active all the time? (the little hand in the curves dialog)

You can turn that off from the Curves flyout menu. You can leave the targeted adjustment tool on all the time if you want.

• 2. Re: Curves adjustment flyout shows two active controls
            david61g Level 1

I will try using the crop tool in the classic mode.  I realize the targeted adjustment tool can be on all the time.  My problem is that even if I have the targeted adjustment tool on all the time or it I select it from the flyout, the edit points tool also stays on.  In addition, if I move out of the flyout menu into the actual image, the icon that shows is the eyedropper but it changes to the little hand for the targeted adjustment tool when I adjust something in the image.  All selections seem to be working but having all these weird icons is confusing.

I'll see if using the crop tool in classic mode fixes this.