• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time for mapping

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programmer has provided me two *.h files. How do I read these and make sure the application program links off to the right place inside my help file?

Darryl Pearce / Ventura County, CA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl.
I assume you are outputing a CHM file. Just checking as people sometimes post in the wrong forum ;-)
Right click on the Map Files folder and import the two map files. Next double click on the "All Map Files" icon which displays the Edit MapIds dialog. Select the imported map file in the drop down at the top of the dialog which displays a list of all the topic ids added by your developer. What you have to ensure is that all the topic ids in this list are mapped to a topic in your RH project. This is done by using the Assign button. RH own help file does a pretty good job of explaining the process if you get stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Me again Darryl. I forgot to mention that the Bughunter feature should be turned on to enable you to text the CSH calls once the topic ids have been mapped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp