Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App Classifications / Filtering / Display Criteria -Solution-

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

After a bit trying some of the suggested ways of enabling a filtering critera to display wep app items based on an imput select field, I found most of them no not quite do the job (as easily as it shuold be that is).

Please let me know if there are any forseable issues with the below implementation?

I removed the Category selection imput from my "web app item fileds list" and created new category and sub categorys required for my web app from within the "category manager", and then on the web app imput form added the below select option to the form

<label for="CAT_Category">Category</label><select class="cat_listbox" id="CAT_Category" name="CAT_Category" >{module_categorylist}</select>

Note you will also need to remove the other elements populated in the list so they are not displayed / selected-

<script>

$("#CAT_Category option[value='14606']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category option[value='14744']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category option[value='14609']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category option[value='14610']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category option[value='72267']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category option[value='-1']").remove();

$("#CAT_Category").prepend('<option value=" ">-- Please select --</option>');

</script>

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a use for this on a project am working on. A real estate site. My question is isn't this suppose to be part of a form. Putting this in a <script> tag is confusing me. So I will plead if you can show  how its going to look like within html. Not a top coder.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines