• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I-beam on headings in printed document

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drove me crazy yesterday, so I thought I'd post my findings in case any of you have had similar problems.

In my printed doc, I noticed that some of my headings had an I-beam at the beginning. I searched this forum and the web for I-beam and RoboHelp and found nothing, so I wondered if it was something Word was doing, not RoboHelp.

I'm sure I would have figured it out quicker if I had more experience with some of Word's features, but despite the fact that I started using Word in 1987 (yes, it was around then), I've mostly used FrameMaker for complex documents.

Those I-beams are Word's way of indicating a bookmark. Somehow my setting for Show Bookmarks in Word got turned on.

This web page tells how to turn bookmarks viewing on and off in Word 2007 and 2010:

http://wordribbon.tips.net/T009190_Seeing_Where_Bookmarks_Are.html

(If that page disappears, search for Show Bookmarks Word.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you were the other user!

Preferred MultiMate though.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp