1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 1:07 PM by D Zurn

Has "Safe Path" changed in Acro X?

D Zurn Level 1

I'm using Javascripts that have been working for years, but with Adobat Pro X parts of the scripts are now failing.

I'm trying to extract individual pages of a PDF to a separate PDF file, on a network share. This has been working up to Acrobat X, but now I get "RaiseError. File might be read-only..." however I've already modified this same file to add a page number.

The only thing I can think of is that the "safeness" of the safe path has been changed so that network shares are no longer considered safe. But now I can't even save it to my hard disk.

BTW, the doc.extractPages call is wrapped in app.BeginPriv and is set with app.trustedFunction, so hopefully that isn't the problem.

Thanks

Darryl Z.

• 1. Re: Has "Safe Path" changed in Acro X?
          D Zurn Level 1

Well now, I've got it to work. I wrote my Javascripts as platform-independent, so that Windows and Mac users could, what's the phrase, "just get along". So I added a bit of logic to put a platform-dependent string in front of the path I gave to doc.extractPages. Turns out that the Mac doesn't need "/Volumes/" to figure out that I'm asking for it to save on a network drive.

Who would have guessed?

So anyway, the safe path apparently hasn't changed, but Mac paths shouldn't be prefixed with "/Volumes/".

Another success story