3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 12:41 PM by doender12

Video card (HD 4000) support for mac

doender12 Level 1

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know when Adobe is planning on supporting the Intel HD 4000 graphics card for Mac?

• 1. Re: Video card (HD 4000) support for mac
          Greg Baber Adobe Employee

Intel HD 4000 graphics card is not a high-performance video device.  You are much better off getting a dedicated card for video work.  If you do not have one already, I would recommend using NVIDIA as it allows you to use CUDA acceleration.

• 2. Re: Video card (HD 4000) support for mac
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

does anybody know when Adobe is planning on supporting the Intel HD 4000 graphics card for Mac?

When will NASA finally get the first man on Mars? You mom's guess is a good as mine. That is to say, if and when Adobe have such plans, they won't say anything until it's done, but as Greg said, it's unlikely. Even the photoshop team have mostly given up on intel chips and do not support them for a lot of their hardware acceleration stuff. And things being that their requirements are small compared to any vide apps' requirements, you can kinda do the math....

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Video card (HD 4000) support for mac
              doender12 Level 1

I know it's not a high end card, but it is supported on Windows right?

I have a MBP (not primarily used for video editing), so changing video cards is not really on option.