1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 12:50 PM by nealeh

Editting Menu Templates Premiere Elements

Tom_Willems

Hello,

I just purchased Premiere Elements a few days ago and having problems with my menu templates.

1) What I want is one main menu to start with.

2) After that I want to click on one button, going to the second menu

3) In this second menu, I want a list of several short movies, with only the title of the movie. No picure, no short clip, just the text.

4) When I click on one of the buttons, there will be a short clip, ending in a third menu.

5) In the third menu will be just one single button, going the another short film, ending in the second menu.

The problems I have:

1) I can only use the standard menu templates and I can't make my own. I can't delete the standard items in the menu, only make them smaller.

2) I can't create my own buttons, only the buttons that the program makes.

HELP ME OUT PLEASE!

I'm starting to think that I have wasted my money in someting that isn't worth it.

Thanx, Tom Willems

• 1. Re: Editting Menu Templates Premiere Elements
          nealeh Level 5

PRE doesn't include a template editor. You have to work with the supplied templates and workflow.

If you are skilled with Photoshop / Photoshop Elements you can edit the template files outside of PRE (always work on copies). But you will never be able to do what you want in (4) & (5) within PRE as it can only return to the menu it was called from, or the main menu.

A lot of us use Sony DVD Architect Studio - it is a proper disk authoring program capable of all you specify.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children