I just purchased Premiere Elements a few days ago and having problems with my menu templates.
1) What I want is one main menu to start with.
2) After that I want to click on one button, going to the second menu
3) In this second menu, I want a list of several short movies, with only the title of the movie. No picure, no short clip, just the text.
4) When I click on one of the buttons, there will be a short clip, ending in a third menu.
5) In the third menu will be just one single button, going the another short film, ending in the second menu.
The problems I have:
1) I can only use the standard menu templates and I can't make my own. I can't delete the standard items in the menu, only make them smaller.
2) I can't create my own buttons, only the buttons that the program makes.
HELP ME OUT PLEASE!
I'm starting to think that I have wasted my money in someting that isn't worth it.
Thanx, Tom Willems
PRE doesn't include a template editor. You have to work with the supplied templates and workflow.
If you are skilled with Photoshop / Photoshop Elements you can edit the template files outside of PRE (always work on copies). But you will never be able to do what you want in (4) & (5) within PRE as it can only return to the menu it was called from, or the main menu.
A lot of us use Sony DVD Architect Studio - it is a proper disk authoring program capable of all you specify.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children