What I understand from your post is that you want to re-serialize your Acrobat installation with a different serial or change the product key. You can do that using APTEE tool with steps as mentioned in Section 1.8.2 of Enterprise Guide - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterprise_Administration.pdf
I did try it on my Win 7 machine. The steps I followed were:
- Install Acrobat X using a serial (Will change this serial later)
- Downloaded and installed AAME 2.1
- Run command prompt as administrator
- Navigate to APTEE folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\Enterprise\utilities\APTEE
- run command adobe_prtk --tool=ReplaceSN --serialize=LEID --serial=<serial number> (Enter new serial number here)
Note: The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Pro X is “AcrobatPro-AS1-Win-GM”
The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Std X is “AcrobatStd-AS1-Win-GM”
The new serial number will replace the old serial number.
This worked for me. Let me know if this works for you.