Having exactly the same problem. Anyone?
What I understand from your post is that you want to re-serialize your Acrobat installation with a different serial or change the product key. You can do that using APTEE tool with steps as mentioned in Section 1.8.2 of Enterprise Guide - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterprise_Administration.pdf
I did try it on my Win 7 machine. The steps I followed were:
- Install Acrobat X using a serial (Will change this serial later)
- Downloaded and installed AAME 2.1
- Run command prompt as administrator
- Navigate to APTEE folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\Enterprise\utilities\APTEE
- run command adobe_prtk --tool=ReplaceSN --serialize=LEID --serial=<serial number> (Enter new serial number here)
Note: The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Pro X is “AcrobatPro-AS1-Win-GM”
The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Std X is “AcrobatStd-AS1-Win-GM”
The new serial number will replace the old serial number.
This worked for me. Let me know if this works for you.
So there is no quick way to change the registry key?
I would rather uninstall and reinstall with my script that has the correct key from the Customization Wizard than all of what you listed above. Will continue to peruse the forums.
There is no way to license via a registry key. Seems like you know the options. Refer to the Admin Guide for details.
Sorry, I meant the serial number, or registration key, not the registry. Thanks.
Np. Second sentence is still correct though: Use the prtk tool or reinstall w/ the Wizard.