7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2012 12:12 PM by the_wine_snob

Rendering

bearcatrp24

Am using premier 10 64 bit on win7. Was trying to burn a small wedding clip to Blue ray to insure it would work on the player. Ended up rendering to get it to burn. Now I can't adjust the video in the timeline. Can this be unrendered so I can make adjustments? Still new to premier 10 coming from iMovie. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Rendering
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Rendering does nothing to lock up the timeline, bearcat. So I'm not sure what's going on at your end.

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline and workspace?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rendering
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Rendering ONLY creates proxy files, used for playback, and as Steve points out, should not lock the Timeline in any way.

I often will Render small portions of a Timeline, maybe a dozen times, when I am adjusting Keyframes for animation, or for some other Effect. I still have full editing capabilities, though with most changes, the red line will come back, and for that portion of the Timeline, if I need the ultimate playback, I just Render that portion, limiting it with the WAB (Work Area Bar).

This article will give you more detail on Rendering: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/794719?tstart=30

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more, as something else is happening to your Timeline.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Rendering
              bearcatrp24 Level 1

Went back in yesterday to try again. Not sure why but am allowed to move things around again. Weird. Knew from past editing in other platforms it shouldnt mess with the timeline when rendering. Thanks for the help anyways.

• 4. Re: Rendering
                the_wine_snob Level 9

With Premiere (both PrE and PrPro), there are three times, that I suggest not doing other editing:

1. When Rendering the Timeline
                2. When one has Imported a file that is being Indexed and Conformed - there is a little progress bar, and one should wait until it completes 100%
                3. When Exporting/Sharing the Timeline to an output file

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Rendering
                  bearcatrp24 Level 1

Well, it did it again. Making adjustments on the timeline but my end clip would not move. I do have a transition in front of it. Would that need to be removed, move clip, then added again?

• 6. Re: Rendering
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

If you have added a Transition, to the last Clip, and then edit it, say Move it, change the In Point, etc., the Transition should just disappear. When you are done, if necessary, you should be able to add that Transition, or another one, back.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Rendering
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Though it should play no role in what you describe, one thing to keep in mind, when working with Transitions, is Handles. This article gives more detail on those: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/701768?tstart=60

Good luck,

Hunt