12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2012 3:20 AM by gama 19

PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP

gama 19 Level 1

Hi, I´ve got a macbook pro,Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)! I have tried to install adobe photoshop cs5 and cs6 trial, althought both of them doesn´t allow to make photomerge with the pictures catch of the computer screen (it doesn´t mather if it is in PNG or JPEG). Althouhg this feature works perfectly if I attempt with other pictures (not catch with this computer).

This versions of photoshop works perfectly in a  waio pc of mine.

Besides, I´ve tried in a mac with the previous software of a friend of mine, and there´s no incompatibility with Photomerge and screenshots.

I have also take my mac to see if there was a hardware problem, but is in perfect condition. So  I would like to ask if any incompatibility has been detected at this level, and what do you suggest me to do, since I need to buy this product for my work.

• 1. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Photomerge expects some overlap between adjacent exposures.  Assuming by your comments that you're capturing what's on each of your screens separately then hoping to put it together into a single image, there is no overlap.

Is that indeed what you're trying to do?  Capture your desktop as it crosses multiple monitors and create a single unified image of the entire desktop?

-Noel

• 2. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
            gama 19 Level 1

Hi Noel!

Thanks for your answer. I know what photomerge is about, and that it might have something in common in the images loaded, otherwise it won´t be able to join them. The images I used where screenshots from the bing maps (cmd+alt+4), but I´ve always been careful to make points in common. The problem is actually some kind of incompatibility between the screenshots catch with this mac and the photomerge. It can be caused by this new operating system, because the previous one does not have this problem.

Teresa

Message was edited by: gama 19

• 3. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Is there a way you could post two images that don't stitch, which you think should?

Maybe it's just the Photomerge process itself that's failing for some reason on the new system.

-Noel

• 4. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                gama 19 Level 1

That's what I think that's happening, but I just don´t know what kind of incompatibility is this! Because there´s no problem with the images captured in this computer, I´ve already tried to photomerge them in other mac and it works!

• 5. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                  SG... Adobe Employee

Hi Teressa,

I just ran Photomerge on png captures of Bing Maps under 10.7.4 with no problem. If you can post the images causing you  problems, I can try them as well.

Are you getting any messsages, or does the resulting file just have separate layers with no blending?

regards,

steve

• 6. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                    gama 19 Level 1

Captura de ecrã 2012-07-26, às 22.15.11.pngCaptura de ecrã 2012-07-26, às 22.15.44.pngCaptura de ecrã 2012-07-26, às 22.15.56.png

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your answer, I´m sending you the images that were screenshot in this mac.

The photomerge can read them in the begining, and when it is almost finished it even shows the final image resulting from the union of the parties. But then it just disappears without any briefing note and does not save it anywhere in the computer!

thanks for your concern!

Teresa

• 7. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                      SG... Adobe Employee

Hi Teressa,

Those images merge fine on my machine. So the Untitled_Panorama file is not present, but Ps is still running? Or does the file just display the checkerboard?

Have you tried this with the GPU enabled drawing deselected (Preferences> Performance)? I'm using a desktop Mac Pro so there's a difference in the video cards between our machines.

regards,

steve

• 8. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                        Tim! Level 1

Hi Teressa, Steve, et al,

Teressa - did you ever get this issue resolved?

The reason that I ask is that I'm experiencing the same, frustrating issue.  I've created dozens of panoramic images on my Mac Pro in the US, but I'm now on an assignment in New Zealand for a year and brought a new MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display and the same issues are happening for me.  No matter what I've tried - starting with LR, exporting various files from LR and then opening in PS5, etc., the result is always the same - Photomerge chugs along and appears to be creating the "Untitled_Panorama" and then it briefly appears on the screen and is gone.  My original files are present and PS5 is running, but there's no panorama anywhere?

Help me  Obi Wan Kanobi, you're my only hope! 

Tim!

• 9. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                          Tim! Level 1

I fixed it!!!

I found the "fix" in an old post - finally.

Go into your preferences panel, select "Units & Rulers," and if you have ruler units set to %, try something different - I reset mine to centimeters.  Restart photoshop.

I hope that this works for whoever else is searching for a fix!

Tim!

• 10. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                            Noel Carboni Level 8

That's interesting.  You've seen Photomerge fail with % but not with another setting?  FYI, I always set mine to pixels and I've had very good luck with Photomerge.

-Noel

• 11. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                              Tim! Level 1

Hi Noel,

I just purchased this MacBook Pro about a month ago and made a fresh install of PhotoShop CS5.5 on it.  I've used Photomerge hundreds of times on my Mac Pro and don't recall any problems with it there.  I'm guessing that the default rulers setting must be percent.  I couldn't get Photomerge to work 'til today when I changed the ruler setting to centimeters.  I don't know what the issue is, but I'm glad that's resolved.  I've already generated three new panoramas, and fourth one is brewing right now...

~~TIm!

• 12. Re: PHOTOMERGE- PHOTOSHOP
                                gama 19 Level 1

Hi Tim!

That´s a precious information, thanks!

Well, I did not resolve all my problem actually,I just found a new program to help me with this! I start ussing " Snagit" which help me capturing the images I want (they are no more captured by the computer), and then the photomerge start working normally.

I think this only happens with the new macs, and with the new operating system, mine also has two months!

I'll try your tip!

thanks!

Teresa