2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2006 7:05 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks --> PDF for print, keeping editable text?

BananaPhish
      I'm trying to print flyers (to PDF) that i've designed in Fireworks. I'm happy with the images, colors, etc., however, the text also exports as an image. I'd like to be able to export the text as text so that when a viewer zooms in on the pdf, the text does not become grainy. Also, the physical printing of the text would look much more clear. I'm sure there are proper terms that i'm not using, but i hope that someone more experienced than me is reading! Just trying to keep the text "editable" when printing to PDF from Fireworks. Any input would be appreciated. THanks! (BTW, going through Photoshop won't work because it changes the text layout too much.)
      thanks again,
      matt
        • 1. Re: Fireworks --> PDF for print, keeping editable text?
          Level 7

Fireworks was developed for screen images. If you are doing PDFs for
          print, you'll need to recreate them in a program specifically designed
          for the purpose, like Adobe (Macromedia) Freehand or Illustrator. You
          could also use Pagemaker, InDesign, or even MS Publisher.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks --> PDF for print, keeping editable text?
            Level 7
            BananaPhish wrote:
            > I'm trying to print flyers (to PDF) that i've designed in Fireworks. I'm happy
            > with the images, colors, etc., however, the text also exports as an image. I'd
            > like to be able to export the text as text so that when a viewer zooms in on
            > the pdf, the text does not become grainy. Also, the physical printing of the
            > text would look much more clear. I'm sure there are proper terms that i'm not
            > using, but i hope that someone more experienced than me is reading! Just
            > trying to keep the text "editable" when printing to PDF from Fireworks. Any
            > input would be appreciated. THanks! (BTW, going through Photoshop won't work
            > because it changes the text layout too much.)
            > thanks again,
            > matt
            >
            In addition to Linda's comments, you can save your Fireworks .png as an
            Illustrator 7 .ai file. Then import that to Freehand or Illustrator (if
            you have them). Most of your design will remain intact and you might not
            have to start from scratch.

I just did that on my pc but, unfortunately, the text is what imported
            the worst.

SKB