• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow Notifications

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty setting up a Workflow and Notifications. We have a customer question form, and i would like the workflow to notify a user on our system then escalate it if not responded to within X time and then escalated again if that is not responded to in X time.

My issue is, we get the initial notification but if that role does not assign it to themself the remaining workflow stops? I have searched but see limited information on the subject.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Hi Colin,

The current framework doesn't allow for multiple levels of escalation. We'd have to implement another dropdown for another role so that the escalation can go further up. As for the assignment, that's another thing that doesn't exist and would need to be implemented. I believe that our product management team will look at the forums for ideas on what customers require before doing further development, so we'll leave this for them here to see.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

The initial workflow should have an approval link. If that workflow is not actioned the escalation workflow should go out after the period you set inside the workflow step. If you provide a site URL and the workflow name I can check this setup for you.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mario,

Many thanks for taking the time to answer this. Let me eloborate a little more (now that we checked of Must Approve the escalation is now occuring)...we want a double escalation, meaning if the person it is escalated to does not respond it gets escalated anothe level. Also, when can the work flow not automaticly be assigned to the person responsible for the workflow, instead they have to log in, and assign it to themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

The current framework doesn't allow for multiple levels of escalation. We'd have to implement another dropdown for another role so that the escalation can go further up. As for the assignment, that's another thing that doesn't exist and would need to be implemented. I believe that our product management team will look at the forums for ideas on what customers require before doing further development, so we'll leave this for them here to see.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines