• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Startup error: required resources are missing?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install CS3 on new Macbook Air with Mountain Lion and getting this error message. Unable to get any further. Previously used migration assistant to bring Design Standard across from old machine, but apps would not open. Deleted the apps and used Creative Suite Cleaner tool to no avail… hoping someone may have some suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Nope, I think that's a no go no matter which way you turn it. CS3 requires Rosetta for the installer and some otehr components and that is now defiintely a goner. And Migration never works with Adobe apps to begin with due to how the activation works. I'm afraid short of upgrading to CS6 you are without any alternatives...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I think that's a no go no matter which way you turn it. CS3 requires Rosetta for the installer and some otehr components and that is now defiintely a goner. And Migration never works with Adobe apps to begin with due to how the activation works. I'm afraid short of upgrading to CS6 you are without any alternatives...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - thanks for that, interestingly I have CS3 Design Standard on my other Mac (Mini), which was installed initially on Snow Leopard. Thats still working fine as I've progressively upgraded through Lion and now Mountain Lion; but of course no Rosetta in either. It's obviously just the installer that requires Rosetta…?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you ever able to get this to work. I've just migrated to a new iMac and have the same issue. Wondering if there are any work-arounds? Other problem would be that I can't uninstall either to remove CS3 and its components without trying to locate everything to drag to the trash. Thanks for any insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines