4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2012 6:07 AM by anunnymouse

Serial number?

anunnymouse

My serial number on my 6.5 disc package has been munched on by silverfish. Without it I can't install my 7.0.2 upgrade. I have most of the digits but the 7th digit (it seems to be either an E or an L) and the last 4 are suspect. Are the last 4 digits all numbers, or is there a letter or two, or a dash?  Any help would be appreciated.  Right now everything is good but if I have to re-install for any reason I'm screwed because all my reports going back many years are pagemaker files.

If I know how the serial number is supposed to look I may have a chance at guessing the missing digits because there is a little ink left on some of them.

=Jeff=

• 1. Re: Serial number?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Did you not register your software? If you did, Adobe would have a record of it.

Bob

• 2. Re: Serial number?
            Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

If I remember correctly, it was a group of six 4-digit numbers: NNNN NNNN NNNN NNNN NNNN NNNN.

• 3. Re: Serial number?
              David W. Goodrich Level 3

Another serial number question.  Can I download and install the current tryout version of PM, and use my old serial number from a PM 7 upgrade I registered with Adobe in 2002?  Yes, I got the S/N  from them (thank you Adobe!), and yes, it is 24 digits.

I need to convert some old PageMaker files to InDesign, and because they contain non-Unicode characters I need to do some preliminary  processing in PM, preferably on my ol' reliable WinXP machine.  (I think I installed my PM 7 upgrade on a Win98 machine that I haven't turned on in years).  I found my original disks for Aldus PM 5 and Adobe PM6.5, but turning up those for PM7 looks more challenging.

• 4. Re: Serial number?
                anunnymouse Level 1

I figured it out, with the help of a friend with 6.5. I studied his SN for clues. There IS a dash then 3 numbers at the end. Using photoshop to superimpose possible numbers and letters over the silverfish-eaten spots, and after going through multiple combinations, I finally hit pay dirt. This time I saved the SN in a couple different ways.