4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 4:22 PM by subtlefly72

.swf works but projector .exe does not

subtlefly72 Level 1

Hi all,

Just wondering what I am doing wrong.  My .swf file works fine _(with FLV player and cuepoints)  but when I make an .exe projector files in the same folder all or a sudden the FLV player is not working correctly.  it is in the same place so all the nav to the movies should be the same.

any hints?

Cheers

sub

• 1. Re: .swf works but projector .exe does not
          adninjastrator Level 4

the FLV player is not working correctly

Exactly what does that mean? Details please.

How exactly did you create the projector file?... the more details the better.

• 2. Re: .swf works but projector .exe does not
            subtlefly72 Level 1

Ok so I have code that picks a cuepoint at random (one of 8 in an array) then I have code that says seek to that cue point and play.

The film works fine in the .swf, then when I publish (I just go to publish settings and publish a projector file to the same folder as everything else is saved) but when I open up the .exe file the film is stuck on the first frame and does not seek or play

• 3. Re: .swf works but projector .exe does not
              adninjastrator Level 4

It's very hard for us to diagnose without seeing the exact .fla and all the Flash assets, so please excuse if I ask a lot of questions.

What exactly are your "Publish" seetings? Which player? What version Actionscript? etc... all exact details please..... you may be publishing to a version of player or actionscript that is not compatable with the actual code you are using.

Can you "Publish" to HTML and does that work? If you have not tried that, please do, it will help diagnose the problem.

• 4. Re: .swf works but projector .exe does not
                subtlefly72 Level 1

Ok Cheers.  No the Html doesnt work.  i am using AS3 publishing to latest flash player 10.2, but changing settings here doesnt help anyway (I have tried eariler versions) 

I have wrkaround by making separate clips instead of using .seek I now am trying to use one .FLV player and use .source= "whatever"

to load different clips when required.  Seems to be working.

Would still like to know how to use seekToNavCuePoint with the FLV player and projector file as I would like to use this feature in future.

Thanks

sub