2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 1:53 AM by Harm Millaard

Why does RENDER take forever?

Jonslayer

Hi,

Why does it take Premiere Pro CS6 forever to render?

My settings: 1920x1080 footage,  about 4 minutes in length,  i used dynamic link with After effects CS6 (for color grading with magic bullet corlorista, denioizzer, levels, sharpen, vignette).  I used the H.264 setting for render with all of the options at high quality.  For some reason it took around 10 hours to render all of this.  Is this normal?  I love this program and i want to use it, but i might have to switch back to vegas because of how quickly Vegas renders  

Also, any tips to improve my render speed?

My PC specs:

i7 2600K

8gb 1600mhz ram

560ti GPU

1 ssd with premiere pro installed

1 7200rpm hdd for render files etc

windows 7

• 1. Re: Why does RENDER take forever?
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

I'm not the technical one, but you're putting quite a strain on the dynamic link for my taste.

If I CC in AE - especially with Colorista or MB Looks, I go back to the good old-fashioned way of rendering out from AE and importing material into PP as an AVI.

What is your render speed on a normal un-CC'd version of the same sequence?

• 2. Re: Why does RENDER take forever?
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Several reasons why it is taking so long:

• MB Colorista, which takes huge amounts of time.
            • High quality, which triples rendering time, maybe even more.
            • 8 GB RAM, which is just not enough.
            • 1 HDD, which is absolute bare minimum.

and possibly an ill-tuned system. All these factors combined can cause very long render times. Try the PPBM5 Benchmark to see how well your system performs in comparison to similar systems and where you can optimize your setup.