5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 7:15 AM by kglad

Load movie removes sound

bartonsmith Level 1
      Hey, so I have a swf, which loads in my website swf. I've done this so that the intro.swf page can load instantly and then displays a loader bar for content.swf. Anyway by doing this I lose the sound in content.swf
      Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Load movie removes sound
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          there's no way to determine that without some info about how the sound is instantiated and started in content.
          • 2. Re: Load movie removes sound
            bartonsmith Level 1
            Yeh sorry about that. It' actually not the main issue anymore. I load "content.swf" into "intro.swf" so I can have the preloader instantly appear and show the status of loading in "content.swf. However by doing this everything in content.swf runs slowly and ruins the usability of the site.

How else can you set up the preloader?
            Cheers
            • 3. Re: Load movie removes sound
              bartonsmith Level 1
              Ok so I've put everything into the same file - when I started the site I didn't realise it loaded things bottom up, so the loader would appear.

Problem: It loads the whole movie first then displays everything - so the preloader is useless.

Reason: I had a look at the bandwidth profiler and it says
              frame 1 = 322KB
              frame 2 = 2KB
              frame 3 = 30KB
              frame 4 = 56KB

There is no way frame one would be more than 10KB. Even when I remove all of the elements except for the loader bar and the actionscript for the loaderbar it stays at 322KB - when it would be like 2KB

Any ideas why?
              Cheers
              B
              • 4. Re: Load movie removes sound
                bartonsmith Level 1
                audio was set to "load in first frame".
                unchecking them that took the file size down to 7kb
                • 5. Re: Load movie removes sound
                  kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  i'm not sure you've solved your problem, but if your external preloader seems to cause your main (loaded) swf to runny slowly (after loading is complete), you've done something wrong.

to make sure there's no problem with your main swf, insert an empty keyframe in frame 1 of your main swf and attach a stop() to that first frame. when your preloader indicates loading is complete, execute a play() for your main swf.