2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 12:05 PM by xTLS

Submitting crash logs to Adobe?

xTLS Level 1

I have a project I'm doing in Flash Pro CS6 and Flash Builder and FP has begun crashing rather frequently. The issue seems related to saving in Flash Builder. Anyway it's generated several bug reports, and it always says to submit them to Adobe, but I can't find a way to do so.

The bug report form here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

1. Hasn't worked for months (delivery failed)

2. Doesn't have an attachment method

• 1. Re: Submitting crash logs to Adobe?
          LilGames Level 1

Yeah, I just tried reporting a bug with corrupted timeline keyframes, and the bug report bounced.

Adobe, how do we report a bug about the bug reporting form? ;-)

• 2. Re: Submitting crash logs to Adobe?
            xTLS Level 1

I posted a story about what happened when I called Adobe, and how incredibly stupid and incompetent the Adobe support person was, and that post was deleted. Is Adobe trying to censor me for pointing out their terrible technical support and the fact that their system is designed to prevent you from getting access to support?

There is a file submission form they will tell you to submit bugs at if you create a support ticket, but it only accepts image files and .txt files. The crash logs generated by Flash Pro are .mdmp dump files that can't be submitted on that form. The technical support representative told me to paste a crash log into Microsoft Paint and save it as a JPEG. No matter how many times I told her that didn't make any sense and didn't work, she kept insisting that was right until I demanded to speak to someone else.

For future reference, you have to call technical support and ask for the email address to actually submit a crash log.