4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 1:34 PM by Noel Carboni

Help With ACR Presets

Elizabeth Wiggs

Hi! I am trying to use some new ACR presets I purchased. These are the first presets I've ever used. I am working on a new Macbook Pro, and have loaded the .xmp files to library/application support/adobe/camera raw/settings. They are now showing up in ACR, but when I try to use them, I get this message "Unable to load the raw conversion settings.  The raw conversion settings file is invalid." Any help??

• 1. Re: Help With ACR Presets
          Noel Carboni Level 7

Someone is actually selling Camera Raw presets?  Interesting.

Did they say that these presets are specifically compatible with the version of Photoshop you're running?  Somehow I am imagining maybe they were developed with the latest version of Photoshop and yours is an earlier version (i.e., that the stored settings are for Process Version 2012 and your version doesn't understand them).

Is your Camera Raw fully up to date with the latest update released for your version of Photoshop?

-Noel

• 2. Re: Help With ACR Presets
            Elizabeth Wiggs Level 1

I bought them from LilyBlue. I thought it would save a ton of time from having to open in Photoshop. I have CS5. Here's the specifications from the purchase.

WHAT VERSION OF PHOTOSHOP DO I NEED FOR LILYBLUE ACTIONS? FOR LILYBLUE RAW PRESETS?

most lilyblue actions have been developed for cs and above. lilyblue raw presets have been developed for acr (adobe camera raw) and adobe lightroom. both versions are included in your purchase. they work on both pc and mac.

• 3. Re: Help With ACR Presets
              Elizabeth Wiggs Level 1

OH. And I have Camera Raw 6.7... if that's helpful.

• 4. Re: Help With ACR Presets
                Noel Carboni Level 7

The only thing I can think of, beyond a basic version incompatibility, is that you may have unpacked the files improperly or that somehow they've become corrupted.

Seems to me you're going to need to take it up with the folks that sold you the software.  Perhaps they have created an updated version that's compatible with Photoshop CS5 / Camera Raw 6.7.

-Noel