6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 3:20 AM by SuhasYogin

CS6 Failed to open document.

garymj

This has happened more than once. File gets saved and published successfully. The next time I attempt to open the document, I get the error message. Revisions to document are usually only text (not with standard web fonts such as Arial, Verdana, etc., but with my own Adobe fonts).

To resolve, I use a backup of the previous file, but of course I lose the revisions made on the last saved file.

• 1. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
          garymj Level 1

Sorry: Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion (occurred in OS 10.7 Lion as well). Early 2011 Intel MacBook Pro; Flash CS6, v12.0.0.481

• 2. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
            Sudeshnasarkar27 Adobe Employee

Hi Gary ,

To help us investigate this issue better , kindly let us know a few things -

1)Are you trying to save the file over network ?

2)What is the Auto save timing set in the Flash Preferences?

3)What does the content mainly contain in terms of assets/actionscripts/swcs etc?

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team.

• 3. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
              garymj Level 1

ANSWERS:

1) Are you trying to save the file over network ?

No.

2) What is the Auto save timing set in the Flash Preferences?

Auto Recovery: 10 MINUTES.

3) What does the content mainly contain in terms of assets/actionscripts/swcs etc?

Lots of TEXT, mostly fonts purchased from Adobe; ACTIONSCRIPT for buttons, go to URL, Unload/Load Movie; COMPONENTS from Jumpeye and Flashloaded.

There is a WARNING DIALOG when I'm able to open the FLA file: "DOCUMENT CONTAINS ONE OR MORE FONTS...NOT AVAILABLE ON YOUR SYSTEM". This refers to a font created in a library, I think. The font name now contains an asterisk (Humanist777*. I had resolved all of these font issues before CS6. Somehow, with the upgrade, two fonts became problematic again. I fixed one of them; this one remains. I don't know if this is relevant.

Thanks very much.

Gary

• 4. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
                Sudeshnasarkar27 Adobe Employee

Hi Gary ,

When you get the font mapping dialog select some font that exists on your system and then save the FLA file. Re-create the font which is causing problem and delete the old font from the Library.

Now try saving/publishing the file.

If possible , can you share the corrupted file with us so that we can investigate the issue and try to resolve the problem.

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team.

• 5. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
                  garymj Level 1

Hi Sudeshna,

The procedure didn't get rid of the problem font. (Again, I had rid the font problem in CS5. It unexplainably reappeared in CS6).

I only mentioned the font issue in case it might be a part of the "failed to open" problem I've eperienced since CS6. The FLA file hasn't failed to open since I last reported to you. It's just that it has failed to open twice, and I had to restore a backup and recreate my lost work from the last revision.

The font problem may be related to a LIB file referenced in the FLA which I will have to attempt to locate within the FLA and delete the connection (and the LIB file itself).

I can't attach the failed FLA, as it is too large a file, even if zipped. The link below connects to a working SWF of the FLA that had failed. I already appreciate the donation of your valuable time, and don't want to take it from others, as I don't know if this is a universal issue.

THANK YOU.

Gary

http://ushoops.com

• 6. Re: CS6 Failed to open document.
                    SuhasYogin Adobe Employee

Hello,

Please note that Flash Professional CS6 is not supported on MAC OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

Regards,

Suhas Yogin