2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 12:09 PM by Kristin95762

BorderContainer vs HorizontalList

Kristin95762 Level 1

Hi

I have a borderContainer that I am loading up with an array of images from sqlite.

As I mouse over each image, it's y value changes to indicate it's selectability.

This all works quite well.

The problem is that since I'm not loading these images into a data aware object, I don't have access to the information that I need.

Ultimately I want to be able to click on the image and have an enlarged copy of it placed into a new container and display the associated

data.

So the question is how to link the data to the image? What is the method I would use here?

Unless I can get a list control to perform the way I want it to...

Thanks

Kristin

private function result(event:SQLEvent):void

{

var data:Array = selectStmt.getResult().data;

for (var i:int = 0; i < data.length; i++)

{

var card:Loader = new Loader();

imageUrl = "assets/" + data[i].image;

cardImage = new UIComponent();

card.load(new URLRequest(imageUrl));

cardImage.addChild(card);

bc1.addElement(cardImage);

cardImage.scaleX = .5;

cardImage.scaleY = .5;

cardImage.x = 25*i;

cardImage.y = 5;

cardImage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, onRollOver);

cardImage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, onRollOut);

}

}

private function onRollOver(e:MouseEvent):void

{

var hoveredImage:Object = e.currentTarget;

hoveredImage.y = -15;

cardImage.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, onRollOver);    

}

private function onRollOut(e:MouseEvent):void

{

var hoveredImage:Object = e.currentTarget;

hoveredImage.y = 5;

cardImage.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, onRollOut);

}