We need more specifics on your project. There are about 20 ways of doing what you're describing. The first think I'd look at is AE's cache. If you've imported a comp into AE then any changes in that comp have to show up in Premiere Pro because there's nothing but the comp telling PPro what the footage is. It can't happen any other way. If you've cached a preview or are using Disk Cache in AE then you might be seeing something there. Disk Cache is still a little problematic and I have it turned off for most projects including anything to do with Dynamic Link.
I had an issue where text was centered, but it would jump to the upper left corner in RAM previews and the actual renders.
So far disabling Disk Cache has made this go away. Can anyone explain why that is?
[CS 6, OS 10.6.8]
This problem continues, Dynamic Link is broken. Useless.
- What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update). 22.214.171.124
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.) up to date
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac". Mac OS 10.6.8
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime". ????
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)? no error message, changes made in AE don't update in Premeiere
- What were you doing when the problem occurred? working
- Has this ever worked before? yes, in previous versions of AE
- What other software are you running? NO!
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? Of course
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected. Not relevant,
- Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)? Black Magic Capture Card
- Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects? yes
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both? both
- Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing? Yes
Here is some additional info...
- After Effects 126.96.36.199
- No footage used.
- No error message
- Action was scrubbing in the timeline, adjusting layer, anything really.
- In previous versions of AE this worked fine.
- No other software running
- Yes. Codecs, a bunch. Effects are Trapcode and BCC.
- 2.93 Ghz Quadcore Xeon. 12 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GT120, 2 internal drives.
- No Third Party I/O
- Turned OpenGL Preview off.
- In Final Output and preview.
- Not using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing
I got the same thing happening on my PC as well. I've recreated my composition twice already because I couldn't figure out what was going one with the first one. On top of this, separate renderings come out with the text jumping at different time frames... I'm really stuck on this and don't know what is causing this bug. Judging from this post, I'm not the only one either. I'm not spending a single dollar more on this software until this is resolved.