4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 7:21 PM by Jim_Lester

DRM -Authorize

dlwilcoxtx6779

I just bought a DOPO T708- Adroid Ereader that has DRM. I have an Adobe ID and PW. Every time I try to "authorize" my Ereader, I receive a message "Failed to authorize". Maybe I am over the limit of activation tries?  How can I get it reset? I am a newbie and never knew about DRM until I bought this Ereader. I have tried many times over the last week to try to "activate" my device. I am soooo frustrated. I finally found out that there is a limit to activations, even on the same device. I cannot find a serial number on my device either. Advice please? THANKS.

• 1. Re: DRM -Authorize
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

• 2. Re: DRM -Authorize
            Jim_Lester Level 4

Their website doesn't say much about the "eBook reader", and the Adobe website doesn't list it as a supported device/application (http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices)

So it is quite possible that the eBook reader wont work with the Adobe system.  However since it appears to be a fairly stock Android device (without the Google market placeI would suggest getting a copy of Bluefire Reader for Android instead, as it's know to play well with Adobe.

• 3. Re: DRM -Authorize
              dlwilcoxtx6779 Level 1

Thank you very much Jim! I appreciate your advice. I got Bluefire like you suggested. I first put it on my Android cell phone and I was able to authorize my cell phone for DRM. I then did a "factory" reset on my new tablet/ereader to make sure I erased any errors that I may have created. I put Bluefire on my tablet, and tried to authorize it, but again it "failed". I tried 3 more times. I then boxed up the tablet and returned it to Walmart. I think I will do more research and find a different tablet which is too bad because I really liked all the other features of the DOPO T708.

THANKS AGAIN!

Donna

• 4. Re: DRM -Authorize
                Jim_Lester Level 4

Donna,

Pandigital makes some low end Android devices that may be worth looking at.  Alternatively you can get a pre-owned Nook Color from B&N for $129.  (Disclosure: I work for B&N  - so I'm definitely biased here).

Good Luck.