• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Borders and Shading with Conditional Build Tags?

Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you apply a conditional build tag to a background image (Shading)?

I have a banner at the top of my page using Borders and Shading, and I would like to exclude it when outputting to Microsoft HTML Help (normal output is FlashHelp).

Appreciate any thoughts.

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is your situation? Do you want to hide the banner or do you want to hide the background image (in CSS) of the banner or something different altogether? Also, how did you add the banner to your topic? Do you use master pages or something else?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have — at the moment — two output types, FlashHelp and MS HTML Help. FlashHelp is the default output.

I have the banner on the master page, set as a Pattern Image in the Borders and Shading, no Repeat and with Scroll checked.

What I want to do is to be able to exclude or hide the banner in the Borders and Shading when outputting in MS HTML Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Assuming you have RH8 or higher, the easiest way would be to play with the master pages.

1. Create a second master page without the banner.

2. In your HTML Help SSL settings, check Apply to all topics, select Master Pages and select the master page without header.

Your HTML Help will now generate with a different master page and without the header.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

I am using RH11 and have the same predicament, however your suggestion has not worked for me. Am I to assume that I need two master pages? I have over 200 hundred topics in my help file and you rather not have to add a background image to each one.

Regards

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Greg you managed to resurrect a dead post from nearly three years ago!

Can you explain in better detail what you are trying to do?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry about that just having a hard time sorting this one out.

What I have is two formats Chm and HTML5. If I add a background to my topics via the Topic Boarders and shading tab the HTML5 plays up because I have specified a background in my Screen layout Theme1_Standard. So I had to remove the background image from each topic to make it work correctly leaving the Chm topic window with no background. As I mentioned I have have tried the Master page route and have tried adding the Background image straight into the RHStyleMapping.css to no avail. The Html5 runs find, its just the Chm file thats playing up.

Does that make sense?

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

So you want a background image for all your topics? If so, I'm unclear on why you would use a Master Page for this. If that's what I wanted to do, I'd be editing the CSS to accommodate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Yes a background image in all topics.

I have tried editing the CSS file and it does show my background in the Other - Background +Text (Body) preview window. I might have approached this at the wrong angle but do I simply add following to the RHStyleMapping.css

body {

background-image: url(watermark.png);

background-position: Right Top;

background-repeat: No-Repeat;

background-attachment: fixed;

font-size: 12pt;

}

Regards

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, here is how I normally do it.

Open the Project Manager pod, locate the CSS file and double-click it. Then it should open in the RoboHelp CSS editor.

From there, click and expand the "Other" category, then click the "Background + Text (BODY)".

THEN click the Format button in the lower left corner and choose "Borders and Shading". And that opens another window where you then click the Shading tab. From there you set the parameters.

If this is what you already have done, I apologize. But it didn't sound like you were possibly reaching the right area.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed your instructions to the letter, and yes the image is there and specified. I deleted it re-ran the SSL and it still produces the CHM with all the text but no background

Is there a way I can create a new CSS and start from scratch?

Thanks

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I recall a few versions back that there was an issue where we also needed to add the image to baggage, but I didn't think that was an issue any longer.

Assuming that's not it, the only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps you have more than one CSS file and the one you are editing is maybe being actually unused and substituted by another during the compilation process.

Is there a chance that you have enabled the override in the Single Source Layouts?

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Morning Rick,

I have gone back to basics and opened a new test project with 3 topics and some sample text. I have added a background using the edit css method you suggested and disabling the apply to all topic check box as above and yet Robohelp is still generating the ssl with no background in the topic window.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here???

Many thanks

Greg

Untitleda.png

Untitled1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp