6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 5:02 AM by skyrunner355 RSS

Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.

skyrunner355 Community Member

I have PE10 downloaded from disc, but when I viewed a recently purchased disc by M Jago, titled Learn by Video,  I find that most of the "titles" within the "Edit" menu on my pc, are missing. I only have "fun" displayed yet the tutorial disc shows many many more. Similarly when viewing "Disc Menu" again only one item showing. How/where do I aquire all those showing on the tutorial video?

"Clip Art" has many many images, but only 4 titles menu's  within ("Edit-Titles-fun") and 2 within ( "Disc Menu-Fun) which are Main menu 1 title, and scene menu again 1 title.

Wish I could send screen shot from my programme to illustrate my question, but unable to find a way to do this, sorry.

I'm  not very computer literate, so please no jargon, or the use of initials rather than actual words please.

Thanks.  Jon 

• 1. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.
          Steve Grisetti MVP

When you say you "downlaoded from disc" you mean you have the boxed set and you installed the program from a disc, right?

Discs 4 and 5 in the boxed set are your extra content -- additional templates, effects, movie themes, etc. Which disc you install depends on what operating system you have. But the fine print on each disc explains which disc does what.

• 2. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.

Morning Steve.

1  When you say you "downlaoded from disc" you mean you have the boxed set and you installed the program from a disc, right?

Yes I purchased the box set in March time this year, and only a few weeks ago, having viewed the tutorial disc, that I realised I had missing content.

2  Discs 4 and 5 in the boxed set are your extra content -- additional templates, effects, movie themes, etc. Which disc you install depends on what operating system you have. But the fine print on each disc explains which disc does what.

Can't remember if I downloaded disc 4.  Unfortunately disc 4 states Adobe Prem Elem 10  left side in Chinese or similar, right side just states, Disc 4 of 5, Not to be sold separately. Disc 5 Adobe etc, but underneath MAC OS, otherwise the same.  So will try disc 4  and see if the missing content appears.

Just went to download and install disc 4, and the message shows, (see attachment) which seems to uninstall PE10, and that PE 10 will no longer be available. So obviously not "installed"  the disc.

That was going to be another question, should I uninstall PE10 then re-install again, but seems I can only use this once.

As you have emailed me, I can show the attachments from yesterday. Also saw last evening that under heading "Edit-themes" again only one image shown again called "fun"

Sorry but seem to recall that the first few times I commenced using PE10, a message similar to following appeared once the programme was available to use. So a week or so later went ahead with the message below.

"Extra disc content available, click here"  which took me to part of the Adobe website, but even though I requested this download, nothing ever happened, and the message never again appeared. Tried unsuccessfully to find that again but no luck.

Thanks.

Jon

• 3. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.
              Steve Grisetti MVP

I don't know what you are doing wrong, Jon. The extra theme and templates are on that disc, and if you've installed Disc 4, you should be seeing those templates and themes in the program.

You can also download them from here.

http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/

• 4. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.

Hi Steve.

Many thanks for the download link.  Took some searching to locate where the files were, but weren't actually in my "download" file, but in separate files. See attachment PDF.

Seems that all now resolved, so very many thanks.

Plenty of items in Edit- titles/and themes, also Disc menu.

So thanks again.

Jon

Ps still wary of my disc 4, which stated it would unload so that is why I

was hesitant.

• 5. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.
                  Steve Grisetti MVP

If you're happy with our help, Jon, please mark it as helpful. Your feedback helps convince Adobe of the usefulness of this community forum.

• 6. Re: Edit Titles and Disc menu titles missing from programme.

Hi Steve.

Many thanks and viewed forum and marked all.

Grateful customer.

Jon