12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 6:12 PM by josephs51576386

Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls

Tuexnovia Level 1

Hi huys I just want to know how can I do it to edit this kind of videos I mean:

When I record any gameplay of any game with Mirillis or fraps (Let's focus in mirillis) when I'm editing it happens that,

in the the preview window it's playing at 60fps and then suddenly 40fps 30fps 20fps and always randomly and I can't edit it properly I don't know if is because of the size of the file "which with mirillis is 10Gb 10 Minutes and the quality is just amazing because uses cuda or because the settings of the project," or because of the codecs or because my HDD no idea...

I have also tried to export for example this file (Made with Mirillis)

BF3.avi

Lenght 08:04

12,.2GB

Data rate 3979900

Total bitrate 3981312

TO

BF3.avi (Reconverted with a software that it has MIRILLIS)

1.37GB

Data rate 24337

Total bitrate 4465

and then try to do the same in premiere and it works a little bit better but I lose quality and if I try to put any effect in the video CIAO BABY, I can't do it is impossible I can't even preview it. LAG LAG LAG (I don't have any problem editing videos from my Iphone and putting lot of staff)

Any help would be very grateful, besides I use cuda so I don't know what's the problem.

My PC is an i7@4.6 GeForce GTX 580, 8Gb mem at 1.600mhz 830SSD win7.64

and the videos are in a samsung F3.

My setting when I edit this kind of files are this. is it ok? or I have to change something or what?

I BEG YOU PLEASE GUYS:...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CWQMnGU0w3M/UCxV069MPxI/AAAAAAAAAHw/OpXV_WVgeMI/s640/premiere2.jpghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--IMO8yPlZUg/UCxVz7PXEDI/AAAAAAAAAHs/mBnk1H_XPxY/s506/premiere.jpg

• 1. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
          Tuexnovia Level 1

Any idea please guys? any help...

• 2. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
            ExactImage Level 3

Drop the playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 while editing and you can still export at full res with no quality loss.

• 3. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
              Tuexnovia Level 1

I did it. and nothing...

Are ok my settings?

• 4. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                ExactImage Level 3

It makes no different at all?    I very much doubt that.

• 5. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                  Tuexnovia Level 1

It helps to put it at 1/2 if I put effects but anyway, it doesn't reproduce the video properly and I don't know why but the line it goes from yellow to RED when I put any effect and I have CUDA is that normal sorry I'm so noob...

• 6. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                    ExactImage Level 3

When you create your sequence, do you make the sequence match the source clip?   That's the FIRST thing to do.

If you then add effects that are not CUDA accelerated then the line is going to turn red.  Simple as that.   Playing at half or quater resolution should allow it to play most effects in real time while you edit, but we tend to edit first and add time consuming effects last when ever possible.  Anything that slows the edit down is done as late as possible in the edit process.

Playing at half or quarter res is of course not going to look the same, but sometimes it's more important to play in real time than to see every last pixel.

If you want to see full res while playing back then you will need to render your sequence (set the work area and hit ENTER).

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                      Tuexnovia Level 1

Ok really thanks it really helps.

But let me tell you that my problem even with yellow line is that , I press space to preview and it doesn't matter if it's full 1/2 or 1/4 it will start at 60fps and then suddenly it dropps...50fps, 40, 30... And then i have to press space to stop it and then again space, and it works good again...

Sorry I hope you understand what I mean, sorry for

My english.

• 8. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                        ExactImage Level 3

I just realised you are running with 8GB of ram.   That's really not a lot when talking about trying to play the kind of footage you are using in Premiere Pro.  We upgraded all our systems to a minimum of 16GB and 'did' see a difference. 

I'm not sure what target you are aiming for with 1080p @ 60fps.   Where are you hoping to play this? 

• 9. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                          Tuexnovia Level 1

Yes 1080 60fps, tonight I'll check if when it happens that is because of the ram, and then...(I'll tell you)

The videos have been recorded at 60fps at 1080 ok.

I want to edit them I don't care if it has to be at 30 because later on they gonna go to youtube, but to make some nice slowmotion I'd need to edit them at 60 even though, the will be exported to 30 fps. Is it right?

And the setting of the project are ok right? Or better to change them when I drop the video in the project?

You are helping me a lot really thanks.

• 10. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                            josephs51576386 Level 3

So are you saying that this clip

BF3.avi

12,.2GB

Data rate 3979900

Total bitrate 3981312

Won't playback smoothly for you or are you saying both of them won't?

If it's just the first clip that won't playback (the bigger file) for you then it's most likely because you need a RAID array. With a data rate that high you need RAID. A single 7200RPM can't playback footage with that much bitrate. Even though I wouldn't normally recommend putting your footage/element files on your OS drive attempt playing it back on your SSD and see if it plays smoothly. That will answer the question about if you need RAID or not.

• 11. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                              Tuexnovia Level 1

Guys I have put the file of 12GB in my SSD and LOL it works so perfect that I can't even believe it really thanks.

Next month I'll buy a new HDD or something I'll see what can I do, so what would you recomend me?

To put my samsung F3 in raid0 or what? or better to compress the video and leave it at rouglhy 35.000 of bitrate?

LOVE YA GUYSSSSSSS

• 12. Re: Editing 60FPS for gaming Mirilliis settings sequence pls
                                josephs51576386 Level 3

Well honestly if you bought another F3 and then wiped your original one clean and then formatted them both and made them RAID-0 it would most likely make it play smoothly, however if you layered a couple tracks of the video it would once again begin to stutter. Honestly though I'd really recommend either purchasing a good RAID card that has it's own processor so it doesn't slow down your CPU. Or  just simply buying a external enclosure that's RAID 5 or 0 or w/e you mode you want to run it in. I personally use RAID-5 because I like the mix of speed/data security. RAID-5 is a great choice for video editing IMO. If you look for good sales you can easily find a enclosure that has 4x1TB drives inside of it and has  E-SATA. (You won't want to use usb 2.0)For right around $300-400usd on newegg.It's a good option to go for on a budget. Which would be totally worth the money if you plan to edit a lot of video.

However you probably could technically get by just by using 1 more F3 and setting it up in RAID-0. 

To answer your other question you could compress the video however you don't want to pick a format that is lossy which means whatever you pick it's still going to have a high bitrate for HD video. The only real high quality choice I can think of that has a low enough bitrate to accommodate your single 7200RPM drive currently is probably the MXF OP1A option when using the (avc intra class 100) codec (Keep in mind this will technically lose a bit of quality). I might be remebering the name slightly wrong though. Then other codec choices like UT or Lagarith have a bitrate that is too high.  Although Lagarith and UT do really well with keeping the bitrate low in some scenarios with graphics. So I'd recommend downloading Lagarith and testing it out yourself because Lagarith does manage to get some pretty low bitrates when dealing with graphics in some cases. But if that doesnt' work out then I'd just try the MXF OP1A option to use until your get your RAID setup.

However I'm sure some other people on this forum will be able to provide some other possible good suggestions as well.

1 person found this helpful