3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 2:10 AM by station_two

Facebook images on mac

brwmmw

Just doing edits from a session for the first time on my new rmbp and I am new to mac as well.  On my old clunker pc laptop I would run an action that resized and sharpened for facebook.  Then I would save for web.  I did this on my first picture to test it out of facebook.  Looks sharp and and great on my old laptop and now on my brand new rmbp it is blurry once uploaded this way?  It looks sharp in photoshop and now it uploads blurry only to mac users?  I am confused.  I need my images to look great to both pc and mac users.  Am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: Facebook images on mac
          Level 5

Those who can help you are going to need a lot more info than what you give.

What exact version of the OS?  Version of Photoshop?  Where do your original files come from?  How are you saving and in what format? What exact image dimensions (so many pixels wide by how many pixels high?  What color space?

How are you sharpening, and at what stage?  Did you recreate the Windows action from scratch on your Mac?

If the same image looks different on your Windows laptop than on your Mac laptop, what browser(s) are you using to view them in each platform?

etc.…

Sample files (or links to them?)

Sorry, my mind reading and clairvoyant hats are still at the cleaners.

• 2. Re: Facebook images on mac
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Post screenshots and links to the photos. With those Retina MBPs there could be any number of factors at play like your browser simply scaling the pages by a factor of two...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Facebook images on mac
              Level 5

Mylenium wrote:

…With those Retina MBPs there could be any number of factors at play like your browser simply scaling the pages by a factor of two…

That's the thought that entered my mind.