2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 5:27 PM by josephs51576386

Macro blocking

Kale_elb Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm getting these macroblocking type artifacts in my record monitor in premiere CS6

It only appears when the play head is not moving. when playing through the clip or JKLing it disapears and all looks normal. Output is also fine.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem in Pr before? is there a fix or workaround?

Mac, lion

Clips are DNxHD.mov's

Weird hey?

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 3.51.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-08-16 at 3.50.01 PM.png

• 1. Re: Macro blocking
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Output is also fine.

Then don't worry too much about it.  The built-in preview monitors should never be used for quality control anyway.

But, my first inclination is to look at the graphics card driver on this one.

• 2. Re: Macro blocking
            josephs51576386 Level 3

I have experinced this issue before when using DNxHD and pretty much all the other Quicktime codecs. However this was back when I was still using Premiere cs5.

I haven't run into this issue in quite awhile.  I've never had it occur since upgrading to Premiere cs5.5 or cs6 and I use several different Quicktime codecs on a daily basis.

However I'm on a PC so my scenario is obviously different. One other difference though is that when I would export programs it would sometimes randomly throw a single bad frame into the 28min program. So trying to QC the programs became a nightmare, because of this I ended up stearing clear of Quicktime (when I had a choice in the matter anyways).  Then like 6 months went by and my company upgraded to 5.5 and we also started working with another affiliate who used Quicktime and I was once again forced into dealing with Quicktime. Anyways long story short I realized the problem that used to be there in cs5 was suddenly gone. I haven't ever seen it since.