2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 4:30 PM by Jim_Simon

Premiere Pro crashes when clicking on rushes

FlemishSnake

Dear Adobe users,

I have imported several rushes into my project.

However, there is a particular video file that, when I just click on the name of the file, Adobe crashes. I thought I could remove the video file and recapture it, but I can't delete the file at all.

Is there some way to delete the file on my computer? (Not the original, but the one that is in my project folder?)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jarne

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro crashes when clicking on rushes
          Stephen_Spider Level 3

Dear Mr. Snake, this is aberrant behavior indeed. If you are simply clicking on a file and then the program crashes, there is not much that you can do. Yes, you obviously should be able to select a media asset then delete it from your project tab. If you have a lot of time in this project, open up an autosaved version of it from a time prior to importing the file. If you haven't actually edited much, start a new project, then import all the working media to get started.

Perhaps with more information this can be ironed out.

FlemishSnake wrote:

I have imported several rushes into my project.....

You might define rushes.... video format, codec, camera, file extension(.mov, .mp4, .mxf) etc. By what means were the video clips acquired to the system? Tape capture? If by flash media, did you transfer these video clips to your media\capture scratch drive before importing? If so, did you keep the file structure intact? Does the file work outside of premiere?

Also post your system info:

Premiere version?

Computer Platform & OS

CPU?

RAM amount?

Graphics Card (MPE Hardware Acceleration)?

Hard drives set up?

Any 3rd party add-ons to Premiere (Fx plug-ins? 3rd party i\o card like matrox or Black Magic?)

Source material format specifics(Footage dimensions[1080p? 1080i? 720p?], camera, format\codec, framerate,etc.)

sequence settings - basically same info as above sans camera info.

If you offer this information and describe your problem clearly, you have a fair shot of getting help on this forum.

Message updated for clarity by: Stephen_Spider

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro crashes when clicking on rushes
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Is there some way to delete the file on my computer?

Use a proper file manager, Windows Explorer or Finder.

If that doesn't work, then you may have something more serious going on.