2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 8:57 AM by Steve Grisetti

Saving and sharing your movies

community help Level 1
        • 1. Re:  Saving and sharing your movies
          alefe12

I have a Macbook Pro and I just recently bought a camcorder that records in 1080/60p quality. iMovie won't accept this format. I usually upload my movies to iMovie and then export them to iDvd to make the Dvds. So I bought Adobe Premiere so that I can upload my videos in the higher quality. Now I am trying to figure out how to export them from Adobe Premiere to iDvd. Can anyone help?

• 2. Re:  Saving and sharing your movies
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Technically Premiere Elements does not support 1080p60 either. However, you can probably put the video into a project set up for Full AVCHD 1920x1080 and it will produce good results. You'll just need to render your timeline (press enter) whenever you see red lines above your clips -- which, in this case, will be pretty much from the time you add clips to the timeline.

That said, shooting in 1080p60 gives you no advantage if you output your movies as DVDs. DVDs are standard TV video, and interlaced not progressive scan. So you'll only get 60i from your output anyway.

My advice? Shoot your video in 60i. It's a lot easier for Premiere Elements to work with and your output DVDs will look identical. Shooting in 60p just makes for a more intensive and challenging process but with the same results.