Ah, my appologies:
1) WIndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
2) Adobe Reader X 10.1.13 originally. Once this started happening, I upgraded to 10.1.14 and still had the same problem. I then Uninstalled Adobe Reader, and downloaded 10.1.14 fresh and installed it. Same problem
3) Firefox primarily, but same effect with IE.
Everything worked Just fine until a couple weeks ago. I have many documents that I highlight and save regularly, and all of a sudden it stopped working. So far as I know, nothing changed then.
Thanks for providing the information requested for.
Could you please let me know the following as well:
1. If the Save icon on the floating toolbar (while viewing PDFs in a browser) is enabled or not.
2. If unchecking the following option helps:
Edit > Preferences > Documents > Save Settings section > Automatically save the document changes to temporary file......
3. What is the state of the checkbox at:
Edit > Preferences > Internet > Web Browser Options section > Display in Read Mode by default
4. Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your system as ell.
Could be an issue with the access/permission rights on the Download folder or any user area folder.
Can you please check and see if you have access to read the contents of that folder or for that matter the entire User Area folder.
Also, could you see if you are registered as an Administrator or a Standard User.
I have full permissions as Administrator on all folders on the computer. And I have no issues opening any other type of file within that folder or any other folder on the computer.
Problem occurs when I attempt to save PDFs from the web or local, and it doesn't matter which folder I attempt to save within. All folders on the computer work the same way with the exception of this random Downloads folder item.
Does Adobe Reader have any permissions settings?
Thanks for confirming the same.
Woul it be possible for you to see if the same behavior is seen for the following PDF as well:
If you save the PDF to Acrobat.com, will it work fine?
is the issue reproducible in Rdr10.1.4 and Rdr11?
I am wondering if the new Reader 11 installation got corrupted while Reader 10.1.4 update?
Did you un-install the previous Reader and installed the new Reader 11 or did you update from Reader 10.1.4 to Reader 11?
Thank you very much for the information
I've seen the same behavior - floating toolbar save button or main toolbar save button ineffective even though enabled. Win 7, 64 bit + Firefox. Very frustrating when trying to save local copies of financial statements, etc. I did find a workaround that hasn't failed me yet: with a problem document open in the viewer:
- Try to save (Ctrl+Shift+S OR floating toolbar OR main toolbar). If it fails ...
- Click print (tried both floating or main toolbar, assumbe Ctrl+Shift+P would work too)
- When the print dialog window appears, cancel
- Try save again.
- Works now!