1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 6:22 PM by Sham HC

ConstraintViolationException while adding DC metadata to DAM asset

SavaniTatake

Hi -

I am uploading asssets to DAM via a servlet and setting some metadata properties on the uploaded assets. I get a javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException when I try to set a any dc: property except dc:title. It says - no matching property definition found for {http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/}description, but these properties are certainly specified in the DC spec.

Also, if I go through the dam admin and add the description, i see a dc:description in the jcr. Not sure why I cannot add that through an API - when  can add dc:title through the API without any problems. Thanks for your time!

• 1. Re: ConstraintViolationException while adding DC metadata to DAM asset
          Sham HC Level 7

Do not know how this could happen, check the logs from archieve also.

Not sure this would work but Take a backup before doing below steps

*   Try to register the node types again from CRX nodetypes manager

-         Copy the contents from  /libs/dam/nodetypes/dam.cnd

-          Then in the CRX Node Type Administration you can open the NodeTypes Manage -> Import Node Types

-          Then paste the content from the dam.cnd file in the textarea, then click submit

1 person found this helpful