2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2012 8:01 AM by John T Smith

Mercury GPU Acceleration problem

DtalLgicBV

I have ATI RADEON HD 6750M and Mercury acceleration is greyed out. I'm running 10.6.8. Does anyone have a fix?

• 1. Re: Mercury GPU Acceleration problem
          Alan Craven Level 4

Mercury acceleration works only with certain NVidia graphics cards, other than in one or two specific Macs. 

So the answer is to buy a new NVidia graphics card - preferably one on the list of approved cards, which Adobe publishes in their information about Premiere Pro.

It is possible to make almost any NVidia card work with Premiere Pro - provided that it has at least 1 GB of memory.  There is a simple, well publicised "hack" in which you add the name of your card to a list in a Premiere file in your "C:\Project FilesAdobe\Premiere Pro CS6" folder.

Oops, sorry!  I have just realised from your post that you must be referring to a Macbook!  In which case forget my second and third paragraphs.

Check the list of Macbooks which do offer Mercury acceleration.  If yours is not on the list, I am afraid that at the moment you cannot get the acceleration.

Message was edited by: Alan Craven Realised that original post gave wrong information.

• 2. Re: Mercury GPU Acceleration problem
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The list is linked inside http://forums.adobe.com/thread/773101

Supported AMD graphics cards for GPU acceleration

• AMD Radeon HD 6750M (only on certain MacBook Pro computers running OS X Lion (10.7.x) with a minimum of 1GB VRAM) 
            • AMD Radeon HD 6770M (only on certain MacBook Pro computers running OS X Lion (10.7.x) with a minimum of 1GB VRAM)

Your 6750M is listed, but you need to update your Mac software to at least 10.7