6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2012 1:39 PM by DPCOLE

EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions

dmeyler

System OSX 10.6.8, Dreamweaver CS6 Version 12.0 Build 5842,  Extension Manager Version 6.0.2.40

After updating from DWCS5.5 to CS6 a number of the exensions failed and or will not load. And, yes using the latest versions that were supposed to be compatible with CS6. It is unclear whether the problem is with the Extension Manager or DW but either way it isn't working.

The error says. "Internal error (please contact techincal support). The extension will not be removed."

To add to it the internal errors also include the removal of some of the current extensions.

I don't expect problems with new versions of the extensions from Project Seven, DMX Zone and Webassist. On failure to load in DWCS6 I tried it in DWCS5.5 without problem.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions
          Xiaoyi Tong Adobe Employee

Hi Dmeyler,

Can you send us( xtong@adobe.com ) the extensions for trouble shooting? Or tell us the extension names and where we can download them( from your ftp server, Project Seven, DMX Zone or Webassist )? Thanks.

Xiaoyi

• 2. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions
            dmeyler Level 1

I would prefer not to send the original files unless I have to—that pesky old copyright thing. And on most of these I went back to the companies supplying the extensions and re-downloaded them to eliminate any question of a corrupt file.

A selection of the Internal Errors.

Webassist:

CSS button styler ButtonStyler100.mxp

DMX

dmxNivoSlider122.mxp

I have 1.21 but EM will neither let me update to 1.22 nor remove 1.21.

Project 7

Image Gallery Magic - p7_igm_118.mxp

In addition to this on other extensions I get a can't find .zxp error? This is true, what is there is a .mxp file.

Located in the HD:Users:your_name:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Extension Manager CS6:EM Store:Dreamweaver CS6:Filename.zxp

For example:

Horizontal Glider Magic - Says it is already installed but it won't let me activate or delete it. Gives me a "Can't find installer file" and a path to a folder in my system(see above.) Says it can't find "p7_HGM.zxp" which is true but there is a "p7_HGM.mxp" file there. Also there are p7_HGM.mxi and p7_HGM.mxi_air files.

Most of these files I can neither update, activate nor remove via EM.

One I could remove, a Project 7 Jump Menu extension "p7jumpmenu.mxp" EM would not reinstall as a .mxp. I was able to use the "EM->Tools->Convert MXP Extension To ZXP" to change the .mxp to a .zxp but that too would not install.

And, lastly, no problems if I go back to DWCS5.5 and try to install or delete these files.

• 3. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions

Hi Dmeyler,

We cannot download the extensions above( the producers didn't provide the trial versions ). So you can try 2 things:

1. Generate Extension Manager log files with the steps below, and paste the content of log files here or send them to us by email.

2. Launch Extension Manager, and click Tools --- Conver MXP Extension To ZXP, browse to your mxp extension to convert the mxp extension to a zxp file. ZXP file is a zip file actually, so you can extract it by any zip tools. Then you should be able to find a "xxx.mxi" file in it. You can send the mxi file to us. Because MXI file is an XML file, which does not have any content files of the extension, and the only purpose of it is to let Extension Manager to manage the extension, we think it is okay.

Q: How to generate log files of Extension Manager for troubleshooting?

2012-3-18 下午11:00

1. Create a file named "ExManLog.YES" in Extension Manager folder.

Windows:

1) Open command prompt as administrator;

2) Change directory to "C:\Program File (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS"

3) Run command

echo > ExManLog.YES

Mac:

1) Open terminal;

2) Change directory to"/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS/Adobe Extension Manager CS.app/Contents/MacOS";

3) Run command

sudo touch ExManLog.YES

2. Launch Extension Manager.

3. Extension Manager log files( *.log ) can be found in the following folder.

Windows: "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS\"

Mac: "/Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CS/"

• 4. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions

Hi Dmeyler,

I can reproduce this issue with "p7Items.zip". It is caused by a bug in Mac API "FSCopyObjectSync" in Mac 10.6( see for http://lists.apple.com/archives/carbon-dev/2010/Nov/msg00006.html detailed info ). So you have 2 options:

1. Upgrade to Mac 10.7 or later.

2. Or manually delete some files when you got the error, and try to install it again. For example, for "p7Items.zip", you can delete following files before installing the extension:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/<locale>/configuration/Menus/Menus.xml

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/<locale>/configuration/Menus/Menus.xbk

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/<locale>/configuration/objects/insertbar.xml

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/<locale>/configuration/objects/insertbar.xbk

• 5. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions
                  ALsp Level 4

The next time you have problems, give us a call. Odds are it's an Adobe or OS bug, but we're very good at helping customers .

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

• 6. Re: EM CS6 Mac continuous "internal errors" failure when installing extensions
                    DPCOLE

The moment 10.8.2 comes out I am upgrading - 10.8.2 is said to restore battery life (and, as one reviewer found, back up to Snow Leopard levels).  If that fixes everything, it's so much the better.

I did a fresh install of OS X, etc, the P7 plugins, etc, and those seemed to work... downloading the newer versions and installing failed.  Come to think of it, CS6's Extension Manager imported what was in 5.5, now that I'm thinking about it...