• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server 7

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the option to Add a New Server, what exactly does that mean?
Is it an option to create a path to a new URL, or IIS service?

I stumbled across the IIS configuration once, but cannot find it again. It had videos showing the entire process.

The underlying question is, how can I segregate projects for different departments in our company? I would like users to access a different URL for each of our (currently) three groups using RoboHelp, and those departments would publish to their own project. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2008 Feb 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Server" is meant a container that holds one or more projects. Usually there is one server for each website, but you can have as many servers as you want or need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Having multiple servers allows you to do reporting for multiple help systems as well. If you have more than one help system project on a server, it appears to me that you only receive reporting for the first project. Here is a link to a tech article on using multiple servers. I do it, and it works wonderfully. http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2007/07/configuring_adobe_robohelp_ser.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp