7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 12:45 AM by czarek jb

Doug

xdougx

I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium in January 2012.  I purchased it as a student since I am still going to college.  My instructor wants me to upgrade to CS6.  I can't afford $300+ for a new version.  What can I do to upgrade?

• 1. Re: Doug
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Tell your instructor that he has to buy the upgrade for you.

• 2. Re: Doug
            shooternz Level 6

What course are you doing and what is the qualification of the "instructor"?

Why are you asking about  CS Suite Web Premium in the Premiere forum?  (just asking)

• 3. Re: Doug
              Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

@shooternz - because there's no Web Premium forum (we only have forums for products, not collections). We also don't have a forum for discussing upgrade options as that's not an appropriate conversation to have in public - that's what Customer Support is for.

• 4. Re: Doug
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Well, I realize that it might be a lot of money still, however, as a student, you can get almost every product that Adobe makes for $29.99 /month using the Creative Cloud.

So if you can come up with $30 each and every month, you can have all of the latest, up-to-date to the minute software.Web Premium products, plus besides the Design and Web Premium, you also get:

Adobe After Effects® CS6

Adobe Audition® CS6

Adobe Edge preview

Adobe Flash® Builder® 4.6 Premium Edition

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4

Adobe Prelude™ CS6

Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6

Adobe Muse

Adobe SpeedGrade™ CS6

• 5. Re: Doug
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In general, a new education version (which is a full version, just with a special price) will cost you less than an upgrade

But, click the big red A at the top left to go to Adobe and check prices (this is a user to user help forum, not Adobe support or sales)

• 6. Re: Doug
                    shooternz Level 6

@ Dave Merchant

@shooternz - because there's no Web Premium forum (we only have forums for products, not collections).

From his post..it was difficult to tell what the OP was studying, what app he was using in  the Web Premium Collection..and therefore difficult to have an opinion on specifically why an "instructor" was advising that he upgrade.

• 7. Re: Doug
                      czarek jb Level 1

John T Smith wrote:

In general, a new education version (which is a full version, just with a special price) will cost you less than an upgrade

But, click the big red A at the top left to go to Adobe and check prices (this is a user to user help forum, not Adobe support or sales)

Unfortunately, he cannot do it now:

"Purchases of suite editions (such as Design Premium or Master Collection) are limited to one title per platform per year."

from the EDU FAQ: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html#main_how_many_product s

Because he purchased Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium in January 2012, then he will be eligible to buy another Suite in January 2013...