3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2012 8:52 AM by Jim_Simon

Comment faire ce type de montage ?

demontib Level 1

Bonjour,

Cela fait plusieurs fois que je vois ce clip : (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7phyAq2Jk) et que j'essaye de reproduire l'effet utilisé sur toute la vidéo dans un montage vidéo personnel.

Malheureusement je ne comprends pas du tout comment ils ont fait.

J'ai d’abord pensé qu'il suffisait de mettre des calques PSD avec une ombre et une opacité et de les faire se déplacer sur la vidéo, mais je me suis aperçu que chaque calque semblait avoir sa propre vidéo.

J'ai donc essayé de superposer plusieurs vidéo et de leur donner l'effet RECADRAGE pour se fixer que sur le visage, modifier l'échelle et tout. Mais lorsqu'il s'agit de faire se déplacer le calque c'est une autre histoire. Il faut modifier la trajectoire du calque, la trajectoire de la vidéo ET recadrer en permanence la vidéo sur le visage de la personne. Bref un travail de titan juste pour un calque.

Donc je me doute qu'il doit y avoir plus simple, mais je ne vois absolument pas comment.

• 1. Re: Comment faire ce type de montage ?
          rejdmast1 Level 2

Here is the above post in English courtesy of Google translate. Just trying to help out.

The Subject of the post in English is  "How is this done?"

Hello,

I have seen this video several times: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7phyAq2Jk) and I'm trying to reproduce the effect used on the video in my video editing software.

Unfortunately I do not quite understand how they did it.

I first thought it was enough to put a shadow with PSD layers and opacity and move them on video, but I noticed that each layer seemed to have its own video.

So I tried to superimpose several videso and give effect a CROP set on the face, change the scale and everything. But when it comes to moving the layer that is another story. I need to change the path of the layer, the path of the ongoing crop video AND the video on the face of the person. Seems like a mammoth task for just one layer.

I suspect there must be a simpler way, but I don't see how.  Any suggestions?

• 2. Re: Comment faire ce type de montage ?
            Steven L. Gotz Level 5

This is a job for After Effects using Precomps.

You take a video, stack many copies of it on the compositions timeline. Do your cropping without moving anything. Assign the shadow as rejdmas1 suggested. When you have that one done, don't worry about motion yet, just precompose.   Then work on another one for the other side of the frame. Precompose.

Put the base video on a timeline, stack the two precomps on top, and you have a start.

Now go back and start moving the various portions of the different compositions. Bring them all on at one time, or maybe bring them on at "almost" the same time. Play with it. Could be fun.

This feels like a good beginner's first comp in After Effects. Start with the base video and comps on both the left and right. Start to move things around. Get used to using motion in After Effects. Then maybe bezier curves, Slowly grow in confidence and levels of difficulty. Yes, a starter project this could be.

If you don't have After Effects, there is a 30 day free trial which is fully functional. But I warn you. After Effects is addicting. You start with this, then realize that titles are easy using the presets, and all of a sudden your videos start to really look great. Or, just a warning. Your videos could look very messy. Like when you add way too many transitions from all over the effects list.  So be careful. Oh, and try to start in the morning. You might start after dinner and when the sun comes up be surprised that you have been at it all night.