5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 7:41 AM by Bernd Alheit RSS

Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.

RUSKIEGURAY

I have pdf files saved on adobe reader apps on iTunes but the files won't show up on my ipad adobe reader apps, what seems to be the problem?

• 1. Re: Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.
          Steve Werner CommunityMVP

Do you have other PDF files which appear in iTunes, but also appear in Adobe Reader? If so, can you identify any differences between them?

The engineers have posted that PDFs that were created by LiveCycle Designer create a kind of PDF which is not supported by Adobe Reader.

• 2. Re: Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.
            RUSKIEGURAY Community Member

Nope, I don't have other PDF files stored on iTunes. I restored my iPad2 on it's factory settings, and installed the adobe reader again, but still the same. All those PDF files stored on my iTunes  adobe reader apps doesn't show up on my iPad adobe reader even I tap the sync button. Is adobe reader not compatible with iPad 2? Or iTunes is doing repairs on their program?

• 3. Re: Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.
              MichaelKazlow CommunityMVP

Again, it may be the type of pdf file you are viewing. Can you post a pdf file that you cannot view for us to check to see if it is a standard Acrobat-based pdf as opposed to a Designer-based pdf. Or can you check on your computer the creator of the pdf this can be found using Document Properties.

• 4. Re: Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.
                RUSKIEGURAY Community Member

Thanks Mr. Kazlow, you made me see my mistake when you told me to check the creator of the PDF files Ii was uploading on adobe reader iPad apps. Those files are actually Microsoft power point files!

I want to tell you guys that, in order to avoid confusions for using adobe reader apps by regular computer users like me, maybe you will consider to make adobe reader tell us that files can't be uploaded because the file I was uploading is power point files, excel,word etc.

Non pdf files like Power point files should not show icons,titles or anything associated with this file on ITunes adobe apps file loading window, so user will know how to resolve his confused mind.

Thanks guys!

• 5. Re: Pdf files save on iTunes does'nt show up on ipad.
                  Bernd Alheit CommunityMVP

Non pdf files like Power point files should not show icons,titles or anything associated with this file on ITunes adobe apps file loading window, so user will know how to resolve his confused mind.

iTunes doesn't know which file types can be viewed with the Adobe Reader app.