2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2008 6:52 AM by bigbrook

Working with Multiple Projects

bigbrook Level 1
      I recently started working for a company that has multiple webhelp projects created in robohelp v6. The projects are linked together under a shell merge so the TOC will display correctly. We have upgraded to v7 and will be converting all the projects over.

What I would like to do is bring all the projects together under a "super" project which will allow me to run one report and search all "subprojects" while still allowing people to work on the individual projects at the same time (checking them out through source control).

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?
        • 1. Re: Working with Multiple Projects
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by "shell merge" other than merged webhelp?

Merged webhelp merges at runtime so at the authoring end each project is unique which means the RH reports relate to just one project. No way I know of getting RH to report across the whole merge.

If you are using source control, you don't need merged webhelp to allow different authors to work on different topics. The rationale for merged webhelp would be delivering different output combinations to different end users.

Bring all the projects into one though could be interesting if there are cross project links as their relationship would change.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it seems like good advice.

There's a topic on merged webhelp on my site. It is based on X3 dialogs but the methods are still valid including for RH7,

• 2. Re: Working with Multiple Projects
            bigbrook Level 1
            Thanks Peter. I was afraid that it would create more issues then it would help.