4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 9:33 PM by chande a k

Shifting HDV Video project from Mac To PC

chande a k Level 1

Is it possible to Bring FCP 7 edited Project in Premiere Pro 5.5 in PC

I have a Project of  45 mts of HDV wedding footage edited in FCP 7  which I want to Bring in my PC for preparing Blu-ray Disk.. If this is possible, will anybody give me workflow for this

• 1. Re: Shifting HDV Video project from Mac To PC
          Jim_Simon Level 8

The easiest method may be to export out the needed assets from FCP and then just bring those into Encore for authoring.

• 2. Re: Shifting HDV Video project from Mac To PC
            chande a k Level 1

Thank you Jim for your suggestion., but the problem is in my mac it takes more than 12 hours to export., while my PC with i7 processor I can do this for a project of 45 mts in less than 2 hours.. I was told by friend of mine that it is possible to bring FCP project in Premiere in PC. But I was thinking that FCP project can be opened in premiere in Mac only and not in PC. Will some body guide me..  whether Mac FCP project can be opened in Premiere Pro 5.5  in PC., and its workflow., reply and guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: Shifting HDV Video project from Mac To PC
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I've never done this so I can't offer any advice, but had you started the export when you posted the response last night, you'd probably have a fully authored Blu-ray by now.

For future projects, just do it all in the Adobe suite.

• 4. Re: Shifting HDV Video project from Mac To PC
                chande a k Level 1

Once again thank you Jim for your responce. Since it was very urgent. I exported from my Mac for DVD  .MOV., which was done in one hour.  Again this mac .MOV file is not opening in my Premiere 5.5 I converted it to HD .mp4 in video convertor..imported that file in my premiere and encoded  for Blu-ray disk., and authoured in Encore for Blu-ray all this took additional three and half hour.

But some where I have read that instead of all this cumbersome steps, FCP project can be opened in Premiere., if this is possible all the above steps could be avoided and save some valuable time..  Thank you for taking interest and replying.

This was an old project in Mac..Now I am doing all in Premiere