3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 4:45 AM by Mylenium

After Effects - Can't Create GWorld error?

Yellowporte

Hi, I have paid for the Master Collection as it is supposed to be the best available. I have since done a Time Lapse photograhy session with 10,600 frames at 1920 x 1080 which i am trying to import into After Effects to compile/render into a video. My Work Station has: 48GB of DDR3 2000Mhz RAM, dual Xeon processors @ 2.6ghz ,16 cores, OCZ Solid State "working" drives, and 2GB EVGA GTX480. but when i go to import the 10,600 frames it gets to about 3,200 then comes up with "Cant create GWorld" and crashes. Now i cant see how its my hardware that causing the issue. I have left the PC in full power mode for over 24 hours after the error just in case it was "bogged down". I have formatted the PC and reinstalled a fresh windows (not from backup) and then reinstalled MC and i get exactly the same issue. PLEASE HELP...

• 1. Re: After Effects - Can't Create GWorld error?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What format are the files and what camera was used? If you import them as Raw, this could simply be an issue in the ACR loader.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects - Can't Create GWorld error?
            Yellowporte Level 1

Hi Mylenium, thanks for the quick reply. I used a Cannon EOS 600D to shoot them as .JPG files. Each file is sub 1MB. What's the ACR Loader? I have also Renamed all the files to aid in the sorting of them. i have named them simply IMG_00001 etc through to IMG_10600 i dont recall this issue before renaming the files. but before i renamed them they would import all scrambled order as the camera needed it batter changed a number of times during the day. so the file count would reset each time.

I hope this helps you to let me know a solution.

• 3. Re: After Effects - Can't Create GWorld error?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

ACR --> Camera RAW, but since you shot JPEGs, it won't come into play. What are the dimensions of the files? You could still have a memory issue if all of them are 4k or whatever thnat camera spits out. Also have you verified them through anotehr viewer program liek IrfanView or XnView. Could well be that one file is damaged, it just may not be visualyl verifyable due to how JPEG compression works. it may only show up when attempting to actualyl do something with those files and e.g. viewing them as a slideshow in those programs or batch converting them might reveal the culprit.

Mylenium