4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 7:28 AM by Krischu

invalid media file

Krischu Level 1

I'm using RH9 on projects that were formerly processed by RH5. We have several single

projects that are then merged into one large project.

When I now start RH9 on an .xpj and generate the primary layout (Microsoft HTML Help),

I'm getting an error box saying "ungültige Medien.Datei. <path>\xyz.chm kann nicht erstellt werden".

Would it be better to switch to RH9 with english installed? If it would be better to solve

problems, I will do. Would I have to reinstall RH9 then? Or is there a dynamic way to switch between languages?

--

Christoph

• 1. Re: invalid media file
          priyanks97293812 Adobe Employee

Hi Chris,

Can you please let me know if you have these CHM file located in Shared drive??

Thanks

Priyank

• 2. Re: invalid media file
            Krischu Level 1

Priyank Srivastava wrote:

Hi Chris,

Can you please let me know if you have these CHM file located in Shared drive??

Thanks

Priyank

Hi Priyank,

the history is the following: our secretaries who were using the project initially and were running in all sorts of trouble, are indeed using the project from a network drive ( net use h: \\server\share\...).

To examine their problems I moved the whole project tree to my local drive and presently I have

all sorts of hardwired h:\... paths in my project include files etc.

But at the moment with the problem appearing I have evrything on my local C: drive.

Thanks,

Christoph

• 3. Re: invalid media file
              priyanks97293812 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please change the location of the output to "C:\New folder\ " and then generate it. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Priyank

• 4. Re: invalid media file
                Krischu Level 1

Priyank Srivastava wrote:

Hi,

Can you please change the location of the output to "C:\New folder\ " and then generate it. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Priyank

OK. Thanks. That worked. I had a wrong, not existing drive in path in there.