4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 9:12 AM by Jeff A Wright

Calibrating printers

poregan56

How do you calibrate photoshop to work with your printer or vice versa?

• 1. Re: Calibrating printers
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS6?

• 2. Re: Calibrating printers
            poregan56 Level 1

Photoshop CS4. What's happening is we are not getting the same results in the print as you see on the screen. I've tried several print options and I am getting basically the same result. Our printer is a Canon MG6120 PIXMA Colour printer.

• 3. Re: Calibrating printers
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, the disappointing news for you is that you will have to read a lot about color management, possibly buy a calibration device and learn how to use color profiles in PS. There's no magic button. Look up some color management tutorials, reset your (pretty obviously) mistweaked monitor, download a calibration chart, start "seeing" and calibrating, read up on Canon's color profiles and which ones should be used for what.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Calibrating printers
                Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Mylenium does have some great points.  I have also moved this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum. 

You may also want to investigate the soft proofing feature of Photoshop to give you a better representation of what will be produced by your printer.  If your monitor color profile is off though the soft proofing process will not help you.