I am fairly new to adobe cq...
I came across inheritance in the documentation....I did not understand the difference between disable inheritance and cancel inheritance....
I applied disable inheritance but the child pages still inherited the parent page images which was put in the inherited paragraphs.....
Could anyone please help me...
Thanks in advance...
I beleive your understanding is correct & agree the name is slight confusing This difference is not clear however reading the label descriptions of the checkbox carefully will help to clear configuration. Documentation at .
Just to demonstrate let us use geometrixx example. In author instance
* Go to http://<host>:<port>/content/geometrixx/en/products/triangle.html
* On the right side you would see iparasys, Select "" & save.
* Go to http://<host>:<port>/content/geometrixx/en/products/triangle/overview.html
* You would see it is not inherited & if you are in edit mode you would see "Parent canceled inheritance"
For second case
* Go to http://<host>:<port>/content/geometrixx/en/products/square.html
* In Iparasys Select "Disable Inheritance" & save.
* IN edit mode you would see "Inheritance disabled" & in preview mode not inherited from the parent page.