Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent Update V11.3.300.271 -> V11.4.402.265

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

environment is xp sp 3 running fp 11.3.300.271 silent autoupdate enabled and worked just fine

for update 11.3.300.270 -> 11.3.300.271.

All machines are not updating to 11.4.402.265.

Am I missing something ?

Regards Werner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For regularly scheduled, major updates (like 11.4), users will be presented with a dialog allowing them to read about the new features available.  This will occur within 7 days of the update being made available, and after a system restart on Windows.  You'll then have the option to download and update immediately.

You have the option to delay the update, in which case the silent auto update service will take kick in automatically either 30 days after release or sooner if a security patch becomes available.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply.

According to my understanding 11.4.402.265 is not only a major update it is also a security update.

So I would recommend changing the update logic to make sure systems are running the latest fp version.

BTW I'm thinking about using our own update server. But what happens if the client can't reach this

server ? Does the client fall back to the Adobe Server ?

Regards Werner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Werner,

AFAIK, 11.4.402.265 is not a security update.  All available security updates were included in 11.3.300.271.

I'm not sure what will happen if the client can't reach the server, my hunch is that the update would just fail because the server address has been explicitly overridden in the mms.cfg but I'll confirm this.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard back that while the SAU mechanism will indeed fail, the notification updater will kick in and the client will be notified about updates made available on the adobe.com servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell wrote:

Hi Werner,

AFAIK, 11.4.402.265 is not a security update.  All available security updates were included in 11.3.300.271.

Yes it is. Besides new features [1] the upgrade (11.4.402.265) also addresses vulnerabilities (6 CVE's) rated 'critical' as described per Security Bulletin APSB12-019 released 8/21/2012. See here > http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb12-19.html

Only one vulnerability (CVE-2012-1535) was addressed by previous update 11.3.300.271 as described per Security Bulletin APSB12- 018 released 8/14/2012. See here > http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb12-18.html

[1] Full description of the new features at the Release Notes >

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_114_air_34_release_notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys,

thanks for your help.

Regards

Werner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines