5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 10:21 AM by Brian Havlin

Recipient's View of Form

gvcdent Level 1

How do I send the form so the editing data does not show on the recipient's form?  (This post will not let me insert the image of the form I'm speaking of so all I can do is describe it.)  The recipient's form looks exactly like the creator's form.  Editing tools on top.  Purple strip across top.  Forms/Comment/Share at top right.  Should the recipient's form show all that?  (I will send a print screen if someone would give me their email adress.)  Thank you!!  Debbie

• 1. Re: Recipient's View of Form
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

You are likely sharing the form file link (that shows everything).

The link you should distribute to respondents is on the "Distribute" tab. Copy that URL... it begins with adobeformscentral.com

Randy

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Recipient's View of Form
            gvcdent Level 1

Thank you, Randy.  I'm now trying to send it by using "Distribute".  However, I don't see a URL.  I see in the body of the message where it says "the document's URL will be placed here".  I know you said the URL begins with adobeformscentral.com, but I just don't see a URL anywhere.  Would you mind "dumbing it down" a little bit? 

• 3. Re: Recipient's View of Form
              Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Hi Debbie,

I think you're referring to how a fillable PDF form is displayed within Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, as shown in the following screenshot:

pdf.png

That is the expected behavior.

It's possible for you to specify the preferred default view for the PDF, including whether or not to show the toolbar. To do that you would configure the options in the Initial View tab of the Document Properties dialog, which you open by selecting the File | Properties menu item. You should be aware of a couple of limitations with that feature:

1. Users can configure their preferences to prevent documents from modifying the application UI. For example, the Documents preferences panel contains the preference for "Allow documents to hide the menu bar, toolbars, and window controls".

2. The feature can only be used to configure the initial view. For example, there is nothing that prevents the user from making the toolbar visible again.

3. The feature does not include the ability to hide the document message bar (purple strip).

Regards,

Brian

• 4. Re: Recipient's View of Form
                gvcdent Level 1

Great information, Brian!  So, be clear, that snapshot is the expected view of the recipient. I'm going to fiddle around with the options that you mention....  Thank you so much!  Debbie

• 5. Re: Recipient's View of Form
                  Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

> So, be clear, that snapshot is the expected view of the recipient.

That's correct, Debbie. That's the expected view for a PDF that doesn't have any of the Initial View options set.

I'm happy to be of help.

Regards,

Brian

1 person found this helpful