1 person found this helpful
I'm sorry you're encountering this issue. Are you behind a firewall that requires a proxy setup? Would you mind doing the following steps:
- Download the Flash Player installer
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the installer location (eg. "cd c:\users\username\downloads\")
- Run the installer, using a “/debug”.argument (eg. “install_flashplayer11x32ax_chrd_aih.exe /debug”)
- Once the installer runs and the error is reproduced, a file named “host.developer.log” will be created in your system’s temp folder.
- You can quickly access the temp folder by clicking on Start > Run, then type "%temp%".
- Locate the "host.developer.log" file and either post the contents in a reply or send directly email@example.com.
Thanks for your help! Would you be able to give me a little more information on how to complete step 3?
Once you've navigated to the installer in your command prompt, just type "install_flashplayer11x32ax_chrd_aih.exe /debug" (your installer name might differ slightly) then hit enter. The installer will launch, and you can continue along until the error occurs.
Thanks Chris! I just emailed the log file to you.