• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I continue to receive update notices while using a mms.cfg that disables auto update?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Flash Player Settings panel looks like this:

FlashPlayer_Updates.png

Mms.cfg contains: (encoded w/ UTF-8)

AutoUpdateDisable=1
AutoUpdateInterval=0
SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

Explain to me why users are now receiving prompts that there is a flash update available?  Our users do not have local administrator and updates cannot be installed by the user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, but I believe this old Flash Player version (11.1) may not use the mmf.cfg settings, but the Flash Player Settings Panel (which is set to check for updates).

Install or deploy the latest Flash Player, and it should use the mmf.cfg setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mms.cfg settings should disable the update notification, though your setting of

AutoUpdateInterval=0

tells Flash Player to check for updates every time it starts.  However, this should be overridden by AutoUpdateDisable=1.  Can you double check the location of the mms.cfg file on an effected system?  Could send me a copy (ccampbel@adobe.com) and let me know what OS/browser combination is being used?

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS, Flash version(s), and file locations are as follows:

Windows 7 x64

Internet Explorer 9

Flash Player 11.1.102.55 - 32-bit Active X

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg

Flash Player 11.1.102.55 - 64-bit Active X

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg

So far I can recreate the scenario easily.  Initially, after installing Flash (via SCCM) I don't have updates disabled.  After I deploy the mms.cfg to a system, I restart.  After the restart the user is prompted to install the latest Flash update.  I saw this consistently on 26 machines yesterday.

Detailed version levels sent via email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  Replied by email with a request for your mms.cfg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines