4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 7:15 AM by matinciel

Selection tool blinking (black / white)

matinciel

Hi,

this is maybe a newbie question, but I can't solved this problem.

I'm working in project with about 80 layers 3D (mosty images from Photoshop, one camera, some null objects, some texts, one solid with a grid effect and a sound layer in .wav).

Most of the layers are locked. I'm working on the layers that are in the bottom.

I try to animate the position of a layer manually with the selection tool. When I pass over the image in the composition front view or camera view, the selection tool (arrow) is blinking white and black.

If I try to click and drag this image, a new "window" pop up which shows the layer itself.

And some times the image is dragged well creating a new keyframe.

---

When this happens I try to select a new layer / or the layer / or the layer's position line or try to click elsewhere. Sometimes everything goes well, but mainly not. I can't figure out what's happening.

Thanks in advance.

---

AE CS5.5

Project 1920*1080

29.97fps

Windows 7 pro 64bits with all the last updates

I'am running Firefox and Photoshop at the same time.

The probleme does not appear during rendering but :

Use of OpenGL is checked when renderring

Multiprocessing is enable but disable by AE due to a lack of memory (that's the outgoing message).

Computer :

CPU : intel core i7 2600k

MB : Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

GPU : MSI - N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC - 1024Mo GDDR5

RAM : G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR1 (4x4GB)

Sytem drive with AE and photoshop installed in : SSD Plextor MP3P

Project HDD : Seagate - Barracuda Green LP - 2 To (2000 Go) - 3.5" - SATA 3 - 5900 tours - 64 Mo - ST32000DL003

Cache HDD : Seagate -  Barracuda Green LP - 2 To (2000 Go) - 3.5" - SATA 3 - 5900 tours - 64 Mo - ST32000DL003